SOLUTION: (was : Getting the sequence from pg to insert nexts data )

From: Rodrigo F(dot) Baroni <rodrigobaroni(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SOLUTION: (was : Getting the sequence from pg to insert nexts data )
Date: 2003-06-22 09:58:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello all,

I got resolv the problem :

> I'm doing a application using jdbc to connect
> with
> a remote postgres database.
>
> One of the tables use a sequence value. My doubt
> is about how to get the last value of sequence to
> put
> in my form table index to follow the insert others
> values.

I found at list archive :
-------------------------------------
"
First "SELECT nextval('usuario_id_usuario_seq')"
and store that value.
Then, "INSERT INTO USUARIO(nombre, passwd, tipo,
correo)
VALUES('tania','aaaaa', $id,
'tanitamile(at)yahoo(dot)com');" where $id is the
value you stored before.

--
[]'s
Daniel Serodio <------ Thanks Daniel. :)

Thanks for all, anyway.

Rodrigo F Baroni
Computer Science Bach's Student
Brazil

Yahoo! Mail
Mais espaço, mais segurança e gratuito: caixa postal de 6MB, antivírus, proteção contra spam.
http://br.mail.yahoo.com/