Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

From: Christian Schneidewind <cs(at)mvweb(dot)de>
To: info(at)pgsql(dot)com
Subject: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]
Date: 2003-06-16 12:50:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hallo,

We are using Postgres 7.3 on Red Hat 7.2 Linux.
We use Inheritance with tables.
All our queries on tables, having child-tables, take a awfull big amount of time. We put indexes on parent- and child-tables, but the performance
stays at a very low level when I ask on parent-tables.

Even a very simple query like :

select count(id) from iobjekt or
select id from iobjekt

Id is th primary key, I use.

Can you me give an advice to what detail, I should have a look on.

Thank you.

with best regards

Christian Schneidewind