Re: parse errors when connecting to remote host

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Cornelia Boenigk" <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>, "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: parse errors when connecting to remote host
Date: 2003-06-09 07:58:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Saturday 07 Jun 2003 7:03 pm, Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> When connecting to a remote host I get some strange parse errors. Here
> the output from the console:
>
> $ psql -h hostname -U username
> Password:
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "."
[snip]
> my version: 7.3.2
> version on target host: 7.2.0

You've just pointed out the problem. I'm guessing it's schema-related. They
were added in 7.3 and so it's probably sending queries like:
SELECT * FROM pg_catalog.footable...

Looks like you'll either want to ssh to the remote host and use its psql, or
install both versions of the client.

--
Richard Huxton