Postgres database authentication

From: Vijay Luxmi Sinha <vluxmisinha(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres database authentication
Date: 2003-05-28 11:34:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

We are extending a web application(front-end: Perl5,
back-end: Postgres-7.2.1). We use DBI module of Perl
for connecting to Postgres. Now this application
shall have mulitple database, which may be on
different machines. We want a robust authentication
method , so that database access be possible only via
our CGI scripts.
Kindly, help with your suggestion.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards