Re: Newbie question: How to CREATE FUNCTION

From: "Victor Yegorov" <viy(at)nordlb(dot)lv>
To: "Steven Chau" <stevenc(at)astri(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Newbie question: How to CREATE FUNCTION
Date: 2003-05-15 02:37:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

* Steven Chau <stevenc(at)astri(dot)org> [15.05.2003 05:09]:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL. So, please forgive my ignorane.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to create a FUNCTION in PostgreSQL that performs the
> same duty as the following MsSQL stored procedure?

Go to

www.postgresql.org/docs/

and select interactive documentation for your version of Postgres.

SQL commands are described in Reference Manual.
Procedural languages and Server-side programming - in Programmer's manual.

Also, take a glance at `createlang' in section `Client applications' of
Reference manual.

--

Victor Yegorov