Re: can't alter user with the postgres user

From: Katy Earl <khaetee(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can't alter user with the postgres user
Date: 2003-05-13 21:15:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Josh

Yes, I see the problem now.... The password in the
pg_user table is different from what we are thinking
postgres's password to be... How do I change the
password in this table to be the correct one, or vice
versa?

Katy

system=> SELECT * FROM pg_user;
usename | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper
postgres | 1 | t | f

| usecatupd | passwd | valuntil | useconfig
(1 row)

system=> CREATE USER carl WITH PASSWORD 'moll454';
ERROR: CREATE USER: permission denied

Katy