Re: Database server restarting

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: shoaib <shoaibm(at)vmoksha(dot)com>
Cc: gearond(at)cvc(dot)net, "'Nigel J(dot) Andrews'" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database server restarting
Date: 2003-05-06 06:40:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:28:57PM +0800, shoaib wrote:
> When I say hangs it means ..I am not even able to login at the server
> console also.
> No ssh, no login form remote machines.

Well, that's not postgresql's fault. It can't hang a machine like that. You
should look elsewhere for the exact cause. I'm assuming here that consoles
that are still logged in don't respond either? Maybe leave a top running to
capture the list of processes just before it dies? Any cronjobs about the
time it dies?

What other processes run at about that time?