Slackware 9 Build Problems

From: brian janaszek <bmj(at)anklebiter(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slackware 9 Build Problems
Date: 2003-05-04 13:57:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi--

I've recently installed Slackware 9 (after using Mandrake and RedHat in the
past), and I've been attempted to build both Postgres 7.3 and 7.1, and I'm
not having success with either of them.

The configure script runs fine, but when I attempt 'gmake', I get a long list
of parse errors and warnings, and the build fails.

gcc version is 3.2.2 and gmake is 3.80.

I'd be glad to send the gmake output to a text file and post that if it might
help.

TIA
bmj