Re: Hi!, FATAL 1

From: Holger Klawitter <lists(at)klawitter(dot)de>
To: Edward <edw_jos(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hi!, FATAL 1
Date: 2003-04-26 16:44:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Edward,

> - " A connection error has occurred: FATAL 1: No pg_hba.conf entry for
> host 127.0.0.1, user postgres , database test "
> ... So, Can you help me, because i don't know, what's it that ?

Postgres received your connection request - which is already good news :-).
However it didn't let you [as user postgres] connect to the database [named
test]. The rules on "who may connect how to which database" are specified in
pg_hba.conf.

Details on pg_hba.conf can be found in the
Postgres Administrators Guide, Chapter 6: Client Authentication.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards
Holger Klawitter
--
lists(at)klawitter(dot)de