Re: FUNCTION ERROR

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Mario Alberto Soto Cordones <mario_soto(at)compuall(dot)cl>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FUNCTION ERROR
Date: 2003-04-22 21:24:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:

> Hi.
> i have a big problem with a function.

> i create a type unidades
> CREATE TYPE unidades AS (codigo numeric(3,0),
> descripcion text);
>
> and i create a function get_unidades
> CREATE FUNCTION get_unidades(int4, int4, int4, int4) RETURNS
> typeof
> unidades AS '
> SELECT cucoduni, cudesuni
> FROM cumauni
> WHERE cuempuni = $1 and
> cuseduni = $2 and
> cucaruni = $3 and
> cuasiuni= $4
> ; ' LANGUAGE 'sql';
>
> when execute this function
>
> select * from get_contenidos(10,1,15,17,31,12)
> as (codigo numeric(3,0),
> descripcion text)
>
> SAY
>
> ERROR: ExecMakeTableFunctionResult: Invalid result from function returning
> tuple
>
> ANY IDEA

It's hard to say since you're not calling the function you gave the
definition for, the function definition above isn't valid I think (I get
an error at unidades after making a table with appropriate columns -
fixable by replacing typeof with setof), and you didn't give the table
definition for the table in question.