Re: will an honest French ISP please stand up

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tony Grant <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>, postgres list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: will an honest French ISP please stand up
Date: 2003-04-16 18:39:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Tony Grant <tony(at)tgds(dot)net> writes:
> > I just changed to 9telecom with the same result as Wanadoo when I mailed
> > Bruce.
> > Please tell me where I can find an ISP that has aDSL at under 30 EURO /
> > month and who isn't blocked by your spam filters.
>
> I can't speak for what Bruce is filtering, but judging from this message
> to the list, your European address is irrelevant. The mail is actually
> getting delivered from apps.tgds.net [212.100.226.141]. The blacklist
> I use blocks that address because it belongs to rackspace.

All my spam blocking is documented at:

http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/spam/

You can even see my sendmail rules and script for maintaining my
blocking list at the bottom of the page.

Any network that sends more than 3 spams from different machines I
assume is just a spamhouse, or a poorly administered ISP, and that's how
wanadoo.fr got on my list. (I have since changed the block to
abo.wanadoo.fr). I don't see many other ways to handle this unless I
want to spend more time deleting spam or researching ISP's.

I recently was having some spam get around my blocks by using my
secondary MX. Yesterday I got some sendmail rules to fix that problem.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us