Redhat DB differences

From: Rob Butler <robert(dot)butler5(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Redhat DB differences
Date: 2003-04-16 17:42:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When Bruce started the "Are we losing momentum" thread he said:

"... Specifically, they are concerned about Red Hat dropping their Red Hat Database and instead distributing PostgreSQL as part of Red Hat Enterprise Server ..."

Redhat Database is based on Postgres correct?

What are the differences between RHDB and Postgres?

Will Redhat be contributing any of those added features / capabilities / etc., back to the Postgres project if RHDB continues to be shipped? What if RHDB is no longer shipped, will those features be contributed back to Postgres, or just allowed to die?

Later
Rob