Installing on Windows XP and Windows 2000

From: "Sharriff Aina" <nhytro-python(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing on Windows XP and Windows 2000
Date: 2003-04-16 10:37:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all, could someone tell me how to install PostgreSQL on Windows XP and Windows 2000. I downloaded "PgSQL731wiin1a.exe" and ran the installlation but none of the applications worked. I read somewhere that if I moved the PostgreSQL directory frome "Programme" (german Windows) to the "Programes" directory it would work, which means that some things are hard-coded. Does some one have a sure method to install on these platforms?

Moving the Postgresql directory to a "Programes" directory helped only a little, I could at last start the commandshell, but connecting to the Database always failed, even with Pgadmin.

Thanks for your help in advance.

UNICEF bittet um Spenden für die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101