the installation and running of pgSQL

From: john lee <johnlee_wmich(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: the installation and running of pgSQL
Date: 2003-04-11 04:08:27
Lists: pgsql-general

hey all:

I have big problem of installation and running of
pgSQL, after initialization, Here are my postgresql
environments:
[root(at)localhost root]# rpm -qa | grep postgresql
postgresql-server-7.2.2-1
postgresql-devel-7.2.2-1PGDG
postgresql-7.2.2-1
postgresql-libs-7.2.2-1
root(at)localhost root]# cd /usr/local
[root(at)localhost local]# ls
bin doc etc games include lib libexec sbin
share src

why there is no directory of
/usr/local/pgsql and /usr/local/pgsql/bin

according to the book"professional Linux programming",
there should be. Do I need to download other RPMS
files?

Need your help idea.
Best Regards
john