Re: INSERT INTO ... SELECT (PostgreSQL vs. MySQL)

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: INSERT INTO ... SELECT (PostgreSQL vs. MySQL)
Date: 2003-04-10 17:35:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thursday 10 April 2003 16:27, Ian Barwick wrote:
> I'm currently "porting" a smallish application from Postgres
> to MySQL [*].

Many thanks for all your feedback on this. I've just had a very long and
frustrating afternoon coercing the app to work with MySQL ("it's what
the customers have") and was harbouring thoughts of committing unspeakable
acts of violence to inanimate objects. [ Incoherent rambling rant about
database software which happily and warninglessly accepts swathes of syntax it
has every intention of ignoring silently snipped].

Anyway, that's another point for my growing MySQL gotcha list.

Ian Barwick
barwick(at)gmx(dot)net