Re: Error: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid

From: David Pradier <dpradier(at)apartia(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
Date: 2003-04-09 13:38:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, i have the same problem, and i would like to know if there is now a
fix ?

Here is some info :

Message error:
heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid

Postgresql version 7.3.2

Short : it happens on an update.

Long : it happens when i do :

UPDATE prospect SET abandon = 'O', modifie_par='amoal' WHERE id_prospect
= '47111';
WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function
abandon_prospect
WARNING: line 3 at SQL statement
ERROR: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid

There is a trigger on the table "prospect" which launches the function
"abandon_prospect".

This function is the bogus one :
create function abandon_prospect() returns opaque as
'begin
if (old.abandon != ''O'' or old.abandon is null) and new.abandon = ''O'' then
update contact set date_reponse = now(), type_reponse = ''abandon'' where id_prospect = new.id_prospect and date_reponse is null;
end if;
return new;
end;' language 'plpgsql';

If i do directly an update on the table 'contact' in psql, whatever i
do, i have the same error.

Vacuuming the base doesn't do anything better.

Doing a select on the table (as tried in a previous message) doesn't do
anything better.

Table 'contact' has 51000 rows.

I have the same problem on the production machine and on my test
machine.
Note that the datas on my test machine have been dumped from the
production machine 2 weeks ago.

As the bogus request is rare, i don't know when this problem has begun.

I have a primary key, five indexes and 13 triggers on this table.

And about the debugger option, i don't know how to use one, but i might
offer an access to my test machine if needed.

If there is something i can do to help to debug this, just let me know.

Best regards,
David Pradier

--
dpradier(at)apartia(dot)fr 01.42.24.72.74