Re: next question, signed/unsigned

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Andy Harrison <ah59(at)httpsite(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: next question, signed/unsigned
Date: 2003-04-09 19:03:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Andy,

> postgres doesn't like unsigned at all. I can't really find a reference to
> unsigned integers related to creating columns in the docs, so does this even
> apply? Should I just tell them to ignore it in postgres?

Postgres does not support the "unsigned" keyword.

Should they need, for some reason, the functionality of an unsigned integer,
you can always create a DOMAIN of int that does not permit values < 0.

But in either case, you'll need to modify the CREATE TABLE statements.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions