Re: Off topic : world database

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Vernon <vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Off topic : world database
Date: 2003-03-30 20:04:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 15:28:05 -0800,
Vernon <vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com> wrote:

> I have a related question: how to find out all postal codes within a distance, say 500 km, or 1000 km, of a giving postal
> code. Where I can get the data of US and Canada?

For the US the attached README file may prove useful.

The site you get the tiger data from has (or at least did 9 months ago) some
download limits that were enforced in the middle of file transfers. This
causes problems using the recommended method of using wget as it doesn't
refetch the partially transferred files.

Attachment Content-Type Size
README text/plain 31.4 KB