Re: log rotation script for server output

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Flower Sun <sun_2002_flower(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: log rotation script for server output
Date: 2003-03-26 04:40:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 14:21:37 -0800,
Flower Sun <sun_2002_flower(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi, Bruno,
> Thank you very much for your reply. Can you give me more information about DJB's daemontools?

The package is at:
http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html
There is documentation there about how to use it.
You can just use multilog by piping the output from postmaster through it
or you can even run postgres using daemontools instead of using init.
I am currently using daemontools to run postgres and using multilog for
logging.