Timestamp precision

From: Daniel Bruce Lynes <dlynes(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timestamp precision
Date: 2003-03-06 03:34:40
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

We were having difficulty comparing timestamps in postgreSQL, using the jdbc3
driver. However, after reviewing the jdbc driver code, I found that the
precision problem I encountered is deliberately coded into the driver.

Why is it that the jdbc driver truncates the fractional part of the seconds to
3 decimal places?

Thanks for any direction you might be able to offer in this respect.