Problems with getLastOID

From: first last <prelude_2_murder(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with getLastOID
Date: 2003-02-20 13:47:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi everyone. I am new to this list so I will introduce myself before I
ask anything.

My name is Gabriel and I work as a developer. I first used Postgres
during my dissertation at
university and now I have chosen it for a project at work (not the
first time I get to use it
professionally). I like to use well tested and documented code :)

Now for the question:

I am accessing Postgres 7.2.1, the official Debian package in woody
with Sun's JSDK 1.4.1
and the 1.4 JDBC drivers from the Postgres site.

I got an example from the libpgjava Debian package that I can not get
to compile, it
complains that:
basic.java:90: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : method getLastOID ()
location: interface java.sql.Statement
long insertedOID = ((Statement)st).getLastOID();

I used javap on java.sql.Statement and I can't find getLastOID nor any
other method that will return me the ID of the last inserted.

Any help would be welcome, I will need the id soon.

Thanks very much

Gabriel