Re: PL/PGSQL EDITOR

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Eduardo" <epalo(at)ono(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/PGSQL EDITOR
Date: 2003-02-17 19:52:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Eduardo,

> And... for Linux....?

Well, Shane Wright just wrote an PostgreSQL syntax highlighter for Kate (part
of the KDE project) Unfortunately, it's part of KDE 3.1, so if you're using a
packaged distribution you'll have to wait for the next distribution version.

NEdit has a PostgreSQL syntax highlighting overlay that's already available as
a downloadable plugin. I'm not fond of NEdit myself because of the lack of
multiple windowing, but it's available for 3 platforms and has been in use as
long as Xemacs.

Speaking of Xemacs, I'd be really surprised if there isn't an Xemacs
symtax-checker for PostgreSQL-SQL. Google it.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions