timestamp

From: Daniel Jaenecke <daniel(dot)jaenecke(at)smaxs(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: timestamp
Date: 2003-02-12 08:46:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi!

I am rather new to PostGreSQL, having mainly used MySQL until now.
MySQL has a column type TIMESTAMP[1] which holds - as expected - a timestamp, but additionally this timestamp is being updated automatically on any UPDATE or INSERT operation.

Since this is a quite handy feature to keep track of latest changes I would like to create such a behavior for my PostGres tables too. But since I have no idea how to do it I would warml welcome any suggestion... :)

Thx
dj

[1]
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/DATETIME.html