Re: PL/pgSQL question

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "mail(dot)luckydigital(dot)com" <jim(at)luckydigital(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL question
Date: 2003-02-02 21:59:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jim,

> Yes i'm aware this it is possible in 7.3 - can someone please confirm its
> not possible in 7.2 or provide me with an example of how to go about it.

It is sort of possible in 7.2, as a function can return a cursor to an
interface language capable of handling cursors. However, implementation is
quite cumbersome, and I won't try to detail it here, particularly since that
language and method have been obsolesced and would force you to re-write your
code when you do upgrade.

If this feature is important to you, I strongly recommend that you upgrade to
7.3.1 now.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions