Re: postmaster does not shutdown

From: John Smith <john_smith_45678(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postmaster does not shutdown
Date: 2003-01-27 04:32:30
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

On my system (w2k), all postgres processes disappear from taskman after closing the cygwin window (started with either pg_ctl or postmaster)..
Cornelia Boenigk <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de> wrote: > I guess closing the window kills it?
No. It doesn't kill postgresql and it doesn't kill the ipc-daemon. If you
look at the win task manager you see the processes still running. You can
kill it with the task manager but this is a rather inelegant way;-)