Re: Grants on creating tables..

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Andrzej Kwiatkowski <kwiatek(at)tpi(dot)pl>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Grants on creating tables..
Date: 2003-01-13 22:59:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Andrzej Kwiatkowski wrote:

> I've read that in postgres v 7.3 and above is possible to set
> permissions for creating tables in given database...
>
> I've tried in many various ways, byt always given user can create
> tables in database.

If you remove the create permission from all of the schemas for the user
they shouldn't be able to create non-temporary tables. On my empty 7.4
devel database, after doing

REVOKE CREATE on SCHEMA public FROM public;

a random non-superuser account on the database no longer can create tables
(apart from temporary ones).