Re: function does not exist

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: "Dave A(dot)" <pgadmin(at)pod13(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: function does not exist
Date: 2003-01-10 22:23:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

Quoting from http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?plpgsql-trigger.html :

PL/pgSQL can be used to define trigger procedures. A trigger procedure
is created with the CREATE FUNCTION command as a function with no
arguments and a return type of OPAQUE. Note that the function must be
declared with no arguments even if it expects to receive arguments
specified in CREATE TRIGGER --- trigger arguments are passed via
TG_ARGV, as described below.

So, you need to write a trigger version of your function, or write a
trigger wrapper that pulls out the args and calls your work function.

Ross