sub-select, view and sum()

From: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sub-select, view and sum()
Date: 2003-01-06 17:29:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi folks,

I've got 3 tables (plus others), and want to create a view joining them.
Below are the two main tables and the view I'm trying to create. Anyone, got
any idea how I need to word the 'create view'

create table turns ( -- Turns Table. Hold details of my turns
tid int4 default nextval('turns_tid_seq'::text) unique not null,
tdate date, -- date of turn
tseq int4, -- sheet reference number
ttype char references ttypes(ttid), -- Turn type
tfitter int4 references staff(sid), -- fitter or driver
tccleaner int4 references staff(sid), -- charge cleaner or fireman
tcomments text -- free type description of turn
);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index 'turns_tid_key' for
table 'turns'
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s)
CREATE
create table rides ( -- work details list by turn/category + mileage
rtid int4 references turns(tid), -- TID of associated turn
rlid int4 references locos(lid), -- LID of associated engine
rcid character references categories(cid), -- CID of category
rmiles int4 -- miles travelled on ride-out
);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s)
CREATE
create unique index "rides_index" on rides using btree ("rtid", "rlid",
"rcid");
CREATE
create view turn_details as
select t.*, d.sid as dsid, d.sname as dname,
f.sid as fsid, f.sname as fname,
(select sum(r.rmiles) as rmiles from rides r where r.rtid = tid)
as rmiles
from turns t
left outer join staff d on t.tfitter = d.sid
left outer join staff f on t.tccleaner = f.sid
where r.rtid = t.tid
order by tdate;
ERROR: Relation 'r' does not exist

--