Re: {GENERAL]

From: "Billy G(dot) Allie" <Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: {GENERAL]
Date: 2002-12-23 06:00:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Billy G. Allie" <Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org> writes:
>> I have a question about the behavior of the array input routine. How
should
>> the input string, '{abc"def,defghi",jklmnop}' be parsed?
[...]
> I can't see any strong argument in favor of your proposed change. I can
> tell you that we will get beat up about it if we change anything in this
> line --- so you'd better muster a pretty strong argument.

It wasn't so much a proposed change as a clarification of behavior. I was
revisiting the PostgreSQL array processing in my pyPgSQL python module and
wanted to clarify the behavior of quotes.

Thanks for the response.

--
____ | Billy G. Allie | Domain....: Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org
| /| | 7436 Hartwell | MSN.......: B_G_Allie(at)email(dot)msn(dot)com
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126|
|/ |LLIE | (313) 582-1540 |