problems when i try to connect to my Databasse

From: Jesus Rios <galiza-vermelha(at)wanadoo(dot)es>
To: "POSTGRESLQ-PHP" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problems when i try to connect to my Databasse
Date: 2002-12-18 18:42:52
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi........

Firts, sorry with my English. I am from Galician Country.

My problem is :
i have only one user( in my postgresql) known as posgres.
# su postgres
#passwd *****

once , i am user postgres , i write : #psql mybd and it does not ask me for
the BD'pasword ( postgres is like a user root)
The problem comes when i am running a script php , where I try to connect to
my BD-----> $db=pg_connect("user=$user dbname=$dbname "). This refuse the
connection because I dont have the password.!!!!!.

How can i get it??????????????????????

NUNCA MAIS!!!! , GOVERNO DIMISSOM!!!!! FORÇA GALIZA!!