Performance Problems

From: Héctor Iturre <hhiturre(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: LISTA DE POSTGRES <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Performance Problems
Date: 2002-12-12 12:56:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I have performance problems with a huge database
(there a 2 tables with 40 millions of records) and
many users doing updates and queries on it. I 've
perform severals VACUMM on the database with poor
results.
Each table have an unique index and I added other
indexes to improve the performance. But when there are
inserts (not too many) the performance fall.
What can I do to improve the performace? I hear any
opinion.

Hector Iturre

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html