Re: Postgresql and Ruby - any opensource software done with these two ?

From: Han Holl <han(dot)holl(at)prismant(dot)nl>
To: markusjais(at)yahoo(dot)de, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql and Ruby - any opensource software done with these two ?
Date: 2002-12-11 10:41:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 11:29 pm, markusjais(at)yahoo(dot)de wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am looking for an open source program developend with Postgresql
> and Ruby in order to learn something about how to use the two
> together.

If you're interested in ruby, you'll know this::

http://www.ruby-lang.org/raa/cat.rhtml?category_major=Library

There are two seperate projects: pl-ruby (ruby server side as PL), and
ruby-postgres (ruby client).
Both have coding examples.
If you are interested in other databases as well, there's Ruby/DBI with a
single interface for a dozen different databases.

I would guess that most larger applications would be written in a database
independent way, at least that's what I would do if I intended to publish
such a thing.

Cheers,

Han Holl