Re: Rules/Trigges Trade-offs

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Ian Harding" <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rules/Trigges Trade-offs
Date: 2002-12-09 20:40:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ian,

You're welcome. Replying to the list for the edification of other users.

-Josh

> I just figgered it out. I declared the function as
>
> create function some_func(test) returns int ...
>
> where test is the name of a table. The values are passed as a tcl array. I
will see if RECORD works too. I wonder if that would eliminate the problem I
ran into where I had dropped and recreated the table. The function barfed
since the OID for the user defined type "test" did not exist.

--
-Josh Berkus