possible libpq++ prob

From: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: possible libpq++ prob
Date: 2002-12-06 17:34:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have a program which worked merrily under 1.3b1, but with 1.4devel
I get the first query working (so connection OK), and the second query,
which may well be wrong, getting me:

DEBUG: reaping dead processes
DEBUG: child process (pid 13025) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: server process (pid 13025) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
DEBUG: CleanupProc: sending SIGQUIT to process 13022
WARNING: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG: reaping dead processes
DEBUG: child process (pid 13022) exited with exit code 1
LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores

Should I be able to cause this with a duff query?

I'm now digging myself in further by trying to recompile the program which
uses libpq++ - I don't think libpq++ works terribly well anymore but
unfortunately I have to leave now before figuring out what pg_config.h
includes may be needed to define eg DLLIMPORT etc.

More later no doubt...

Cheers,

Patrick