Help! Lost functions

From: "John Sklavounos" <jsklavo(at)snappydsl(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help! Lost functions
Date: 2002-12-03 21:57:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

We are running PostgreSQL v7.2 on a Red Hat v7.3 server.

The problem we're having is that the database lost the installed PLPGSQL handler. The symptom we were having was that all functions began failing for "cache lookup failed". We then reinstalled it using the createlang command. This had the unfortunate side effect of wiping out all our functions in the database.

Since we have no backup (I know, I know - there is a management type whipping me right now) I am hoping someone can help me figure out where the missing functions might be in the raw file...

Please help!

TIA, John