Re: Query Executor Problem

From: <d(dot)kho(at)chello(dot)nl>
To: <dhooker(at)a4networks(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Query Executor Problem
Date: 2002-11-21 22:21:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Me too. I had the some problem. And couldn't figure out why when I was using tomcat. The point is that the docs at jakarta.apache.org do not really explain the use of the parameters for me. If you use some database as a datasource, the connections will go back into the pool, for a while and get recycled, so you should never call connection.close() when you retrieve a database using a DataSource object from a jndi tree. Just don't forget to set the <maxIdle> parameter to a acceptable high value (higher that the <maxActive> parameter which is the number of connections that are actually opened by tomcat to process any request). This way the connections will get pooled and recycled correctly.