Re:

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: dnaren(at)hss(dot)hns(dot)com, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2002-11-12 10:19:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tuesday 12 Nov 2002 7:22 am, dnaren(at)hss(dot)hns(dot)com wrote:
> HI,
>
> Can someone pls help us with the following problem?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Is stored procedures will return muliple rows in postgresql.
> If so a sample example is needed.

With current versions of PG, look into returning a cursor from plpgsql. For
7.3 there are table functions. Look in the manual for examples with cursors -
also perhaps check Roberto Mello's plpgsql cookbook on
techdocs.postgresql.org

Table functions might well be documented in the developer's version of the
manual but there are definitely examples in the contrib/ directory of the
source download (of 7.3). I seem to remember an example in the mailing lists
too, so perhaps a check of the archives would be worthwhile.

--
Richard Huxton