Recoverying DB from file(s)

From: dropkick <dropkick(at)example(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Recoverying DB from file(s)
Date: 2002-11-08 14:11:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all.

Becuse of an HD failure, all my databases went away. I recovered them from
a backup, but some customers need a more up to date version (the backup is
one week old).

I recovered all files in data/base/* , but I wasn't able to start postgres
using those files within a clean installation.

Is ther some way to recovery the DB data from tose files?

Thank you in advance,
Dropkick.