Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: Mike <mvs(at)evil(dot)as>, info(at)pgsql(dot)com, "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]
Date: 2002-11-07 17:53:20
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 14:28, Mike wrote:
> hey folx!!! sorry for the poor english (i\'m from brazil and skipped a LOT
> of english lessons)...
>
> anyways! i just downloaded this version of PostgreSQL available on the
> site and unziped the whole thing... but... there are some files and
> folders, but no installer... every file on the first folder has no
> extension and i don\'t know what to do... how do i install it? i need
> help!

For installation instructions see:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/installation.html

> note: i\'m tryin to install it on a home pc with windows 98... am i
> stupid? thank you already!!! cya\'ll folx!

PostgreSQL windows port is work in progress, but not yet finished.
It is possible to run it with cygwin, but with that I have no experience.
Here is the link that explains how to install PostgreSQL on NT:
http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html