Postgresql problems

From: Lee Tuck <tuckkhai(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql problems
Date: 2002-11-07 03:08:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I am a new user to postgresql. i am facing regarding
postgresql. Here are the problems:

1. Connection startup failed <fork failure> : Resource
temporarily unavailable
i had change the buffer to 700 and the maximum
connection to 300 in the postgresql.conf and i still
faced this problem after a few days. I tested only at
10 -15 pc a day. However, I didn't turn off the
postgresql server.
Its there any some sort of garbage collector that will
clear the resource when the connection is being turn
off?

2. How can i execute a script file from windows
platform at cygwin environment?

Hope that you can help. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Lee