Re: owner of type 'mmm' apperars to be invalid

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "cristi" <cristi(at)dmhi(dot)ct(dot)ro>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: owner of type 'mmm' apperars to be invalid
Date: 2002-11-05 10:57:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tuesday 05 Nov 2002 5:57 am, cristi wrote:
> When I'm trying to make pg_dump on a data base I have this message:
>
> WARNING: owner of type 'mmm' apperars to be invalid
> WARNING: owner of type 'eee' apperars to be invalid
> WARNING: owner of type 'refcursor' apperars to be invalid
>
> Where are these object and how can I destroy its?

richardh=> select oid,typname,typowner from pg_type where typname='refcursor';
oid | typname | typowner
------+-----------+----------
1790 | refcursor | 1

richardh=> select * from pg_user where usesysid=1;
usename | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd | passwd
| valuntil
postgres | 1 | t | t | t | t |

I'd recommend you add a user with the required id, then dump the database and
fix the dump as required. The owner of "refcursor" should be postgres (or
whatever the system user is called) - if that user has been deleted, I'd be
surprised that's the only errors you get.

--
Richard Huxton