getTables() Implementation

From: Robinson <netviews(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getTables() Implementation
Date: 2002-10-25 19:38:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

In my postgres database, I have three catalogs. Template0, Template1 and qiws. I want to get all the tables from the qiws catalog. PSQL however displays 59 objects inluding tables, sequences, views. The following snippet returns nothing.

DatabaseMetaData dbMeta = connect.getMetaData();
ResultSet rs = dbMeta.getTables("qiws", null, "%", null);
while (rs.next()) {
System.out.println(rs.getObject(1)); // prints nothing
}

Is getTables() implemented in the driver or am I misinterpreting something?

Thanks,
Richie