Re: 7.3b2 strangeness

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Brian Hirt <bhirt(at)mobygames(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.3b2 strangeness
Date: 2002-10-24 15:36:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On 24 Oct 2002, Brian Hirt wrote:

> Hi, i recently installed 7.3b2 on my machine to start looking at the
> changes and to make sure my code works with the new system in
> anticipation of 7.3. I dumped my 7.2 database and reloaded in into
> 7.3. The dump and resore went fine, and most everything seems to work
> great. I did run into a strange thing, where I cannot update one of my
> tables. I get "Relation 0 does not exist" Does anyone have any ideas
> why this would be happing?

Has this dataset been dumped and restored in the past? This looks like
the symptom from having had an older pg_dump drop a piece of the foreign
key information. Current sources should actually work for this case,
but if you want you can set tgconstrrelid manually for the affected
pg_trigger rows or drop the triggers and re-add the foreign key
constraints. The information was somewhat optional in the past but
became used in 7.3