Re: Postgresql and multithreading

From: Anuradha Ratnaweera <anuradha(at)lklug(dot)pdn(dot)ac(dot)lk>
To: Curtis Faith <curtis(at)galtair(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql and multithreading
Date: 2002-10-17 06:39:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 02:08:21PM -0400, Curtis Faith wrote:

> 2) Including the pros and cons of the feature/implementation and how close
> the group is to deciding whether something would be worth doing. - I can
> also do this.

The pros and cons of many such features have been discussed over the
lists as well as on the FAQs. But the second matter, the group's
likehood their implementation cannot always be deduced from those
communications or from docs.

Therefore suggested material into the FAQs are going to be extremely
useful to like-to-be developers. They also would hopefully reduce
unnecessary traffic on the list.

Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.18-xfs-1.1)

I have found little that is good about human beings. In my experience
most of them are trash.
-- Sigmund Freud