Re: Performance Tips

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Eduardo Cadena <ecadena(at)rocketmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Tips
Date: 2002-10-15 19:58:57
Lists: pgsql-general

En Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:51:46 -0500 (CDT)
Eduardo Cadena <ecadena(at)rocketmail(dot)com> escribió:

> Does anyone can my tell me some tips to improve perfomance?
>
> My working platform is WinNT4 / Cygwin 1.3.10 / PostgreSQL 7.2.1

The first tip would be to use some Unix server. Cygwin is known to be
slow. Install some recent Linux distribution if you want to have it
easy - PostgreSQL comes bundled there. Some people here like the *BSDs
best, but if you just want to test, I recommend you try Linux first.

The native port to WinNT will probably take some months before it's
ready for public consumption -- it's presently in beta testing.

"Los romanticos son seres que mueren de deseos de vida"