Re: Beta2 on Friday Morning (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items)

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta2 on Friday Morning (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items)
Date: 2002-09-19 01:59:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We are going to require an initdb for beta2 and I think we need to get
> _everything_ required in there before going to beta2. See the open
> items list. I think we will need until the middle of next week for
> beta2. In fact, I have the inheritance patch that will require an
> initdb and that isn't even applied yet; Friday is too early.

We are in beta, not release ... the purpose of going to beta2 is to
provide a new checkpoint to work bug reports off of, so having to deal
with an initdb should not be considered a problem by anyone, since only a
fool would run beta in production, no? (and ya, I am such a fool at times,
but i do accept the fact that I am such *grin*)