Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue
Date: 2002-09-09 19:22:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:30:52AM -0700, Dann Corbit wrote:

> All kidding aside, I would like to see increased emphasis on stability
> and correctness. But I will admit that it is a lot less fun than adding
> new features.

But in fairness, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a set of
developers anywhere who take more seriously that the PostgreSQL core
the responsibility to provide stable, correct software. I've
reported show-stopping bugs to commercial database providers and on
the PostgreSQL lists, and I'd be hard pressed to come up with an
occasion where I received from a commercial software company service
that was even 1/10th the quality and speed that I get here.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M2P 2A8