Re: Remote monitoring

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remote monitoring
Date: 2002-09-06 16:05:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 08:42:15AM -0500, Marc Mitchell wrote:

> Would it be possible to get the code for the current X-based stuff in order
> to convert it to a straight text based display in either ksh script or
> perhaps C? I wouldn't try to implement some of the more UI related stuff
> like the ability to specify sort order or shutdown the server. But having
> a basic refreshing display of active sessions and the ability to get query
> details on an one would same a do-able thing in C.

My colleague, Sorin Iszlai (siszlai(at)libertyrms(dot)info), has already
done this. He has asked me for some more time to clean up the code
and make it commented and such, but we intend to release it. I just
don't have a date yet.

Bruce Momjian told me, however, that the pgmonitor stuff was being
merged with another project. I'm not sure how that will affect the
utility of Sorin's code.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada