bytea etc.

From: Andrew Klimov <and_k_98(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bytea etc.
Date: 2002-08-22 13:34:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi , All! Could someone clarify me : When I want to store BLOB's internally in database (for example jpeg )should I use bytea or OID? Is OID something like BFILE in Oracle 8i? If both are appropriate for internal BLOB why I can't use update image set picture=lo_import('Myfile') where image_code='blablabla' ; with bytea column type but only with OID column type? And one more thing:Where is function byteain documented? TIA,Andrew.