Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0004: Multiple buffer overflows inPostgreSQL. (fwd)

From: Frank Wiles <frank(at)wiles(dot)org>
To: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0004: Multiple buffer overflows inPostgreSQL. (fwd)
Date: 2002-08-20 20:57:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

.------[ Dann Corbit wrote (2002/08/20 at 13:54:53) ]------

`-------------------------------------------------

The reason to complain is that he is not notifying the development
team before hand. Giving them absolutely no chance to work on a
fix prior to the whole world freaking out over these bugs.

If I was your neighbor, and I noticed your front door was open I
would contact you and let you know... not take out a full page
ad in the local news paper! Same idea applies here. :)

Also, if I'm not mistaken this guy isn't on "staff".

Frank Wiles <frank(at)wiles(dot)org>
http://frank.wiles.org